Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Why I am Black...

I can say with a Great degree of certainty, when I became black.
The steps to been a member of the black family although never planned have been the most significant that I have ever taken.


Drawn by an intellectual appeal, enticed by a translation of intentions to actions, lured by the promise of the acquisition of better oratory skills and seduced by the charisma of members of the black family, my joining that body is one of the easiest and most logical decisions I have ever made.


So Pardon me…don’t let my actions surprise you for I am, have always been and will always be black, hence my proclivity to seek first the political kingdom. That has always been part of the black political creed.


You see, I can make as persuasive an argument to been born black as I can to been black as a matter of choice. Those who do not know about us have labeled us with certain tribal and socio economic demographics. I am proof of their ignorance. My convoluted history of been both a “krio boy” and a “mende borboh” proves that I and the black family transcends any label that we have been tagged with.


When some were yelling that membership is primarily cultic, my firsthand experience taught membership was an introduction to a family of mentors and great inspirations, a family that always seeks justice while aspiring to greater heights in education. When the uninformed yelled that belonging was unnecessary, the necessity for political participation was inculcated in me by the family, teaching me above all else that political participation should not be limited only to elections. When the voice of the opposition arose, the family taught me that opposition voices are just the frustrations of the minority with the success of the majority and the minority should not be begrudged that access.


Today I am confident enough in my black ideology to identify myself as above all been a black man, because among the primary tenets of the black ideology is a recognition and protection of the dignity and value of human life and relationships.


You see I will always be that double threat. Born black in the valleys of kailahun town in the previous millennium and then reborn again black without the intermission of death, on Mount Aureol in this new millennium.


Long Live the black family and all those who bear its interests at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment